Wednesday, February 27, 2008

I'm not even checking the thermometer

I think according to the news, it was about 42 when I went for my run today. I didn't need to know that. According to my iPod, I did 4.98 miles, but Map My Run wants to say it was more like 5.6 (I don't know about all that).

I think I need to start doing some stretching. With my weight lifting and running... I have to admit, I am a bad stretcher. In fact, I don't stretch. But I promise tonight I am actually going to yoga to get the kinks out. If you need some runner's yoga and don't feel like going to a class, read this article: Runner's World - Yoga For Runners

And, best of all, I think I am coming down with a cold. I did a hot apple cider and water sinus flush (thanks, Susan!) and that helped a little, but here it is 3 hours later and I think I can use another one.

3 comments:

Darcey said...

You don't stretch? GAH! I will show you the best post-stretch in the whole world when I come down for the Gate... it will be the fab.

And don't trust the mileage on your Nike+ - they are definitely off... mine is usually .10 mi off for every mile that I run... and sometimes more, depending on the terrain.

Anonymous said...

Germs? Alcohol kills germs. Drink more. =P

holowahini said...

Mine's usually 0.1 off, but MMR was trying to say it was over a half mile off. Uh, I'll trust the iPod over my crappy line drawing any day.

And Paul (since I know that's you), you're probably right, but I have to at least survive the workday first...