Monday, April 14, 2008

Point A to Point B

So I am kind of jealous that Leana can ride her bike to work, so I mapped out what my route to work would be on a bike.

View Interactive Map on MapMyRun.com

I am not so sure I would really want to ride this route, but between the price of gas, saving wear and tear on my car, getting more exercise and riding experience, and validating my wanting a new bike, it's worth thinking about.

Of course, I could always chicken out and take JTA if I got too tired/hot/intimidated by traffic.

3 comments:

Bill said...

Yeah, but do either Southside or Beach have bike lanes?

holowahini said...

I am honestly not sure, but I think so - I am going to look. I think Southside does but I can't vouch for Beach the way they are tearing it up.

Runner Leana said...

Wow, those look like some pretty busy roads, but hopefully they have bike lanes! I agree with you on wanting to offset the cost of gas and what not. I could take transit, but ugh, the train around here is pretty awful, and I hate paying $17/day to park downtown. Biking it is!