Thursday, March 13, 2008

I Don't Think We're in Jacksonville Anymore, Toto

I've been slacking. I sawwy.

The Gate River Run... was like running in a wind tunnel. Or a hurricane. Remind me not to go out for Jim Cantore's job anytime soon - how does he keep that hat on his bald little head in the wind? I could barely stand up, especially on the bridges. I couldn't even run *down* them. That really drove me crazy! But when I did run, I felt great, which is something I haven't always been able to say in a race (especially the GRR!) And after, I wasn't comatose for two straight days... I was actually out at the bar doing shots! Go me! Goes to show that training pays off (and shots make a nice reward).

I came in 0:01:10 under my previous time. I blame the wind for about 5 minutes at least, but I feel pretty fortunate not to totally sack out after.

If you want to read a real Gate River Run post (or two!), check out my husband's blog, The Starting Gun

No comments: