Saturday, March 1, 2008

Running Recap - 7mi

I knew not to expect much because I had a cold, and not much is about what I got. We started in the parking lot at Seventh South, headed north. Through the Jax Beach bar area, down to the Beaches Town Center, up through Atlantic Beach for a nice Real Estate Run and back. Mike did a lot better than I did - my endurance today was just totally shot. I forgot how much Benadryl dries you out - I went through my first 24 oz of water before the halfway point! I didn't make it all the way back to the car - Mike was way ahead of me - but when he came back for me, I checked the ol'iPod and what do you know? It said 7.12 miles. Which is okay with me.

View Interactive Map on MapMyRun.com


Also, massive props to Darcey, who did her first 10k today in 1:09:46!

3 comments:

Greg On the Run said...

Found you on the Complete Running Network. You'll find others stopping by soon.

I like how you write about your training. More chatty and less log like. Well done.

Darcey said...

Yay for getting your 7 miles in! I'm liking the distance in general.

And I just checked my official race time: 01:09:45

Woo!

Mike said...

As Forrest would say... "I was running." That was a great course and the scenery (girls on bikes in bikini's) was EXCELLENT! I will have to partake in that run agian and again and what the heck... again.