Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Expensive Habits

My husband was pretty happy when I put down the golf clubs and picked up my running shoes. He thought I had traded in my expensive habit for a cheaper one. I can for sure rack up on running clothes and accessories, but that's still cheaper than my super cool putter (which does me no good; I can't putt for crap). However, I have a little proof here that running - well, racing - surely isn't cheap:

  • Disney Princess Half Marathon $120
  • Tickets to Pirate and Princess Party $89
  • Commemorative Pin (pre-ordered it for a change) $11.72
  • Disney Princess ChampionChip $39.00
  • Lovely Active.com "processing fee" $14.85
  • Grand total for this one race (not including gas to Orlando, timeshare point values for hotel, food, crap I know I'll buy either at Disney or at the Expo, the 5k I'm sure B will want to do, and the usual Epcot drink around the world): $274.57

Running the inaugural Disney Princess 1/2 Marathon, and getting that medal - Absolutely Priceless.

However, there might be a little shiny silver (or orange) lining on my race expenses: My company was recently purchased by a major running sponsor, so maybe I'll get a little discount on a few races... Maybe. :o)

2 comments:

Darcey said...

Dude, my company created the website for RFSB! :)

Runner Leana said...

Congrats on signing up for the Princess! I have to admit that the inaugural medal idea is really intriguing to me, but I'm willing to bet that with it being so close to marathon weekend I'll have a tough time swinging it financially. Not to mention that the first weekend in March is peak season for hotel rates... I'll let you know if my status changes because I do have an annual pass that would still be valid in March...