Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Dr. Google, M.D.

So I went to the ortho, who poked and prodded my foot and ankle and came up with the determination that I have messed up my peroneal tendon.



Didn't I say that like two weeks ago? Just call me Dr. Google, M.D.

Anyway, I get to wear a super awesome (not!) ankle brace, some heel pads in my running shoes to turn my ankle the other direction, and some physical therapy to teach me exercises to strengthen my ankle. Oh, and my regular doc still wants an MRI of my ankle, so I'm going to get that done. (Hooray for being over the deductible! Free MRIs all around!)

The REALLY important part of all that is that I can still bike to keep my cardio up, I am following my regular doc's suggestion that I take more yoga (see B's first yoga experience here!) and when it stops hurting on a daily basis, the goofy brace can come off, then I can start walking... then "running slowly". (I didn't tell him that's the only way I run.) So while I am not there yet, I am still pretty darn excited!

And then I read this article. Then I was pretty darn not-so-much excited. Darcey forwarded it to the Zappos CEO (a Twitter friend of ours), who said "we are investigating and trying to learn more about devine's situation". Um, I hope so!!!



Where was I on things that excite me? Ah, yes. My friends Joseph and Tiffany had their little bundle of joy last night at 1103 - Madelyn Elizabeth, 6 lbs, 8 oz. Yaaa! Another kid I can spoil then send back to it's parents. I have 18 years to get her to defy her parents and go to Auburn instead of Georgia... better get started on that!

No comments: