Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Undefeated.

So the ankle sucks. Ice is helping A LOT, and I think learning some stability poses in yoga will really help my ankle, as will P.T. (signed up to go on Friday!) I keep trying to think in terms of what's coming next, like the Peachtree, or Vegas... but then I read this.

Jerks.

I realize the message board is a bunch of people who are probably at the worst end of things - seemingly a bunch of surgery folks looking for someone to tell them anything - but when you read that some of them are never the same again, especially as distance running goes, it's really heartbreaking for me. I am taking that pretty hard. And I know that those people are different than I am, and mine may not be as bad, and I may not have to have the surgery, or I might and it'll be good as new, but between my being impatient and my ability to latch onto the worst case scenario, I'm just not excited.

However, let's keep in mind here the things I CAN do.

Bike.
Yoga.
Weights.
Swim.

All things I enjoy, even if they are just distractions from what I really want to be doing. I just can't let the defeatist attitude get a hold of me.

1 comment:

Marcy said...

Those are great distractions :-) Keep it positive ;D