Thursday, July 10, 2008

Eat This Workout


Weight Watchers works wonders, when you do it right. And unlike just about every other nutrition plan I have ever heard of, they actually make it easy for you.

  1. Eat whatever you want, within reason. (And you can't make your own definition of "reason" here).
  2. 35 Weekly bonus points, optional, to use however you'd like.
  3. Activity points - You can work out to actually gain points and basically eat more.

Number 3 is something I try not to do - I like to think I am working out to supplement my nutrition plan, not so I can eat more. Twenty-two points is plenty if I eat the kinds of things I should be eating (healthy food, not junk). But over dinner Tuesday night, Billy and I got to talking about how many points we had gained from our 45 minutes on the bike, and how many points I had spent by getting a 20 oz regular Coke with my lunch. Answer? I earned 4, but I had spent 5. It's almost shocking to look at an item of food and think about how much you have to workout to consume it. And that's just a soda - imagine like a Krispy Kreme donut or a slice of deep dish pizza. Ouch! I think this is why trainers always tell you that cutting back on your food intake is easier than working out when you're trying to lose weight.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Lana. Long time no see. Isn't amazing how everyone always comes back to Weight Watchers to lose those extra pounds?

I just started counting again & it sucked for a few days but I am back full force now.

Anonymous said...

BTW, the original Krispy Kreme donut is only 5 points. I'd much rather eat that than drink a coke any day.