Monday, July 14, 2008

Weight Watchers Week 1 Recap



Week one went pretty well, actually - I was totally committed to it, even making sure I counted on the weekend and knew when I had earned activity points. I knew a couple of days I would be going over my allotted 22 daily points, so I made sure I either exercised or knew how many points I was going over so I could subtract that from my weekly 35 bonus points. When I looked last night, the end of my week, I still had 13 weekly points I could use!

As for actual weight loss, I was trying to lose the last 20, but my official first weigh in had me down 1.5 already. So, the true total for the week was 3 lbs down, which has me 4.5 down towards my goal already. I'm not going to get used to losing that much in a week - some weeks are up and some are down - but it's always good to get a great start!

A quick check of activity points for last week: 42. And to think, the first time I did WW, I only got like 12 a week total!

This week might be a little tougher - the in-laws are coming in town! We tend to go out to dinner when they are here and throw caution to the wind (and towards the dessert tray). So, to combat that this time, I am going to make sure that I work out on the days I know we'll be going out to eat, and try to keep track of what I put in my mouth. It'll be a little bit of work, but definitely worth it.

2 comments:

Darcey said...

I wish WW worked for me, but I hated the weekly meetings and keeping track of the Points was just not for me.

But, I am going grocery shopping today and am going to load up on tons of bagged salads and fresh veggies.

Anonymous said...

Awesome job :) You were very dedicated when you did it before so you know it works. That number going down on the scale is a great ego boost.

Are you going to meetings again or doing it online only?