Sunday, June 15, 2008

Man Crush

I've been watching the US Open this weekend, and I watched part of it yesterday with my scratch-golfing pal Eric. He commented on the fact that it seems like Johnny Miller has a huge Man Crush on Tiger Woods. Tiger this, Tiger that, Tiger, Tiger, Tiger. All he talks about. Even Stina Steinberg, editor of Golf for Women, commented on it:

"There are moments when Johnny Miller is brilliant. Lately, though, I've had to turn down the volume on NBC's golf broadcasts to tune out his nonstop Tiger gushing. I'm in awe of Woods' talent, too, but there has to be something else to discuss during a four-hour telecast - for starters, how about the rest of the field?"

Music to a Phil Mickelson fan's ears.

At one point yesterday, Johnny was talking about how much Tiger can bench press. This is not something I need to know about any golfer, although I am pretty sure that John Daly can only do 12-ounce curls. So, making fun of Tiger's gym routine, we were saying that Tiger could bench press a Buick, alluding to his major sponsor.


Then, at dinner, a different Man Crush came up - Florida's Tim Tebow. And we decided that Tebow could bench press Tiger bench pressing a Buick.

Personally, I think Chuck Norris could take both of them. :o)

No comments: