Monday, June 2, 2008

"That Little Guy? I Wouldn't Worry About That Little Guy."

So this is the story I'll tell at my very first Hypochondriac's Anonymous Meeting.

"Hi. My name is Lana."

'Hi, Lana.'

"While I think I have every foot/ankle ailment under the sun, I really only have a minor amount of tendon pain due to an overly tight calf muscle and a cyst in my left heel which, according to my doctor, is nothing."

'Nothing?'

"Yep. Nothing."

My tendon, sore as it is, is right where it should be and in good working order. I would have known that if the MRI report had come with the MRI disc, but instead, I payed two doctors (radiologist and ortho, and really, BCBS of FL paid them) to tell me that the only thing going on in there is a cyst in my heel from where fluid has drained from my ankle and taken up residence. My ankle and foot hurt because I have no ankle strength (which I am going to remedy with PT and yoga) and because my calves are mega tight (again, PT and yoga). Unless anything else starts to hurt, or things start to get worse, I can start back doing whatever I want as soon as things start to feel better.

And I will.

2 comments:

Bill said...

Woo hoo! Of course, keep everyone up-to-date with your fun in PT, but I'm so happy that nothing's wrong!

Runner Leana said...

Thank goodness there isn't anything drastically wrong! Good luck getting back on the bandwagon, and good luck on the WL Challenge.